? about RO

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
I scored this unit the otherday and Im a little confused as to where the pressure gauge goes.would the gauge go on a tee fitting as it enters the unit or would it go after the 3rd stage.this unit came with a tee after the 3rd stage is this correct?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Odd, usually the pressure gauge screws directly into the RO membrane housing. I would think placing it after the 3rd stage would not tell you anything useful. Placing it before the RO membrane would be the only place I would think it would be useful because you want to know the pressure of the water coming into the RO membrane.. placing the gauge after the RO membrane isn't going to tell you the information you need. Most RO Filters go 1st Stage=Prefilter1, 2nd Stage=Prefilter2, then RO Membrane, then 3rd stage which is usually the DI resin stage.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Depends on the gauge. Built-in ones measure at the housing, whereas inline ones measure post sediment/carbon and pre-membrane.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I was considering the RO membrane as the 4th stage. But as I stated, i run mine At the membrane.
On mine the 3rd stage is a carbon block filter, then it goes to the RO Membrane. So mine is after the 3rd stage, before the membrane.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Very strange, never seen an RO unit that had 3 "Prefilter" stages. Can you post a link to the one you have so I can see this odd ball unit? Mine has 3 stages and the RO membrane on the top, but it goes Stage1-Stage2-Membrane-Stage3 if you follow the plumbing.

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
Ive got the 6 stage RO DI It has a sediment filter 2 carbon filters the RO and then 2 DI filters.Its made by water general.189.00

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Duh, nevermind.. I don't know what I was thinking.. of course the RO is just as you described Zigman. It is when the DI is added that it routes the way I described.

So on the 6 stage setup you would put it like Zigman said, after the 3rd stage, second carbon, if it is an inline pressure gauge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store