90g SW going Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
:dive2: I have a 90g SW tank. I have established Live Rock and my stock contains the following: 3 blue-green chromis, 1 six line wrasse, 1 Mandarin Dragonet, 1 red firefish, 2 False Clowns, 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 serpent star. All are very healthy and doing well. In the near future I will be changing water flow and lighting to accommodate corals. I plan on starting out slowly and really researching each piece before I add it, like I have will all my fish. Thus far I think the leather corals look very interesting!

My first question is, does anyone have any specific types of corals they have had great luck with and consider beginner level? :worthy:

Secondly, I'd like to know what your favorite corals of them all are!

Feel free to post pictures of your own reef tanks here as well, I will definately need inspiration! :thumbsup:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Beginner corals = xenia, mushrooms, zoanthids, palys, leathers, kenya tree/colt corals just to name a few.

Favorite.. I can't say I have a favorite, my tastes change often with corals, but I will say I really do like my Duncan's even though they don't fit the theme in my tank.. which unfortunately at the moment the theme is a bunch of dead sticks that used to be SPS corals.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
if you can afford them go chalices ;) hardy hardy hardy! exppppppeeeennnsiiivvveeee

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
I really like my LPS. I have a ton of SPS but it just doesn't do anything for me. I find myself looking at my duncans, acans, and frogspawn much much more than any of my sps. If I could start my tank over I would probably go with frogspawn, hammer, and duncans and probably a bubble coral. For the back of my tank I have always liked seeing people who had pulsing xenia cover the back, just be careful not to let it touch any rock or other surface where it could become a plague.

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
I definately like the lower to medium light requirements for some of the leathers and feather dusters. The SPS corals I've seen so far don't appeal to me. I definately love hearing all your suggestions and appreciate the imput!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store