Atlantic Salmon Flies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

salmonfly

Scott
Oct 11, 2009
Avon, OH
www.asfts.com
Hi all,
This thread may be a bit off from the threads in this forum but for those of you that fly fish for steelhead salmon may appreciate this. I can no longer go fishing so I tie these beautiful flies that were used back in the day when the salmon came up the local rivers in the UK and our north east coast. Of course these flies are not fished anymore since they are presentation quality and materials are somewhat expensive and hard to get. For example the feathers used for certain flies are from exotic birds (legally obtained). A jungle cock cape is quite expensive starting around $180.00 to $200.00 for super quality. These flies take a fair amount of time and honest effort to tie but the finished product out weighs both of those.

Have a great day,
Scott

fly collection.jpg

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
WOW, those are really pretty!!! They are like little works of art! I would never use something that pretty for fishing. :)

Kaluden

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
Shakopee, Minnesota
I have always wanted to try to learn the art of fly fishing. I however would never use a lure like that, they are awesome looking and i'm angry enough when a stupid northern pike takes my bass lures.

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
Man I'm just starting on fly fishing this year so I'm not a pro by any means

But those flies you made ... wow

I watch a lot of fly tieing videos and fishing shows etc...you have the art absolutely mastered

Those flies are so beautiful I wouldn't even want to fish with them!

Absolutely amazing...do you have any videos on youtube or anything?

I would love to learn how to tie flies like that...and flies of that quality ... i've heard of people paying up to $100 for custom made flies on river banks when everyone around you is getting skunked and you're the only one catching fish...people will pay just about anything

Absolutely stunning

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store