Tumor thing??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Wow, there is about 10 related topics just on the first page. Having you all seem him and give your 2 cents helps me calm down though. Does this look like a tumor to you? Cyst? Its doesn't seem to bother him that much, sometimes I will see him trying to scrape it off, this will last a few seconds, but most of the time he ignores it. I have been observing if for a month and it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. I'm worried about his eye though since its right beside it.

I have not felt it. I looked at the link that Lupin posted about surgery and I am certainly not capable of doing that. I will have to look for a vet.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
It's hard for me to tell if it's tumor.

Does it feel soft or hard?
Does it look fuzzy?
Had that area been injured before?
What decorations do you have?

Even if it is suspected to be tumor, a surgery is very tricky as it is near the eye and gill area.

Could you please add a few more details by answering below?

1. What is the size of your tank?

2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.

3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?

4. How long the aquarium has been set up?

5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?

6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?

7. What temperature is the tank water currently?

8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?

9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.

10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?

11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?

12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?

13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?

14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?

15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store