Where To Buy a Short Body Flowerhorn?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
Hi, Everyone --

I'm interested in purchasing a short body flowerhorn and was hoping maybe some people here could give me some recommendations as to a good dealer or source?

The place I had planned to purchase him from didn't do right in a different transaction -- so... Now I need some tips about where I should be looking.

Thanks for any help or insight!

Jill :)

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
Not sure if this is helpful, but I often see FH's in the "sketchier" LFS near me -- usually 6-10"-ers stuck in little holding tanks....Often I'll find myself wanting to "adopt" them and give them a better home...

So, you could start cruising locally, although I guess there's a chance you may get one that has health issues.....

Jill-O

Thanks for the input, folks.

Yes, I gave up on the Kirins. The seller didn't stand behind his guarantee, so I'm out the money and the days I spent at home waiting on them, but he's also out a repeat customer (I'd have bought the short body flowerhorn from him) and plus some more negative feedback on Aquabid. For the tank the Kirins were to go in, I got some "wild" colored parrots to go with the blood parrots (I don't mean dyed ones, I mean beige and grey with spots -- they look a lot like kirins).

The short body flowerhorns in that thread are cute, but not the type I was hoping to find (have this picture in mind!). I really appreciate the link though. Thank you very much for it!

I've seen flowerhorns locally, but not short body ones. However, I may talk to some of the LFS people to see if they can order (but I want to pick out, so would need pictures if they want a guarantee I'd buy). I will also keep looking at Aquabid.

Thanks again :)

stevezx2002

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Hartford City, IN
Are your new BP's like the small onein this shot? If so they will turn orange eventually.

It sucks your out all the money from the kirins and the seller decided to be so un trustworthy, I was really looking forward to seeing the pics and ordering my own. FedEx wouldn't help either?
Anyway, Post some pics of the new BP's, and keep up the search for the FH. Short bodies are almost as tuff to find as the Kirins, actually I have seen them online labled as each other.

Jill-O

Hey, Steve --

Yes, it does suck! I'd counted on that guy to be a good seller.

One of our "wild colored" Blood Parrots looks like your guy, one is dark grey with vertical stripes, and one is off-white solid. The solid off white had many streaks and some spots when we got him, but it must have been black spot disease because he is now solid colored w/ no markings at all. It will be interesting to see if they change color. Either way is fine. They are such personable fish!!!

I'll try and get some clear pics to post. I am very challanged when it comes to fish photography. My camera can knock it out of the park for taking pictures of the horses but it is horrible for fish pictures!

Jill

Jill-O

That spotted one is really cute!!!

I got a picture of our off white one and the grey one with vertical stripes. It will be interesting to see if they turn red or what. I love these kind of fish!

tanks----011610----111.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store