Euro Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dolfans1

I'm a victim of coicumstance!
Jun 15, 2005
Safety Harbor, FL
FWIW - I just received an e-mail Friday night from Euro Reef that they've stopped doing business as of Dec. 31 2009. The CEO has started a new company called Reef Dynamics, and the COO has started a new company called Nano Reef Systems.

I've had a Euro Reef skimmer for 4 1/2 years now and have been very happy with it, but heard complaints from LFS owners about their business practices.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
With all the newly designed, more efficient, and far cheaper skimmers available, it's not surprising old ER finally went out of business. Yes, there have been a number of complaints about business practices, too. In the day, they were one of the best skimmers around, hands-down. This was in a market dominated by giant downdraft and counter-current skimmers, which were very inefficient for the job done, etc. Deltec had to change its design to stay in the market, too (and ER is an offshoot from Deltec). It may not be long for it, either, but fortunately, they do sell other products. It's a shame these long-established businesses are going down, but we are entering a new era of aquarium technology and a much more skeptical (and frugal) market. The only thing I worry about is that the knowledge of the animals we keep isn't growing nearly as fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store