Ro/DI system question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

camaro2ner

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
what about coralifes pure-flo II ro? im kinda in a pinch for cash, and right now im just letting the water sit for a day or 2 before adding it.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
You are looking at an extra $15-$20 to get the BulkReefSupply unit over the Coralife. The Coralife is not a good unit, IME. The main drawbacks are the membranes and resins they use, which are cheap and plain bad. You'll find the resin exhausted in very little time and you'll end up having to replace it in short order--an extra $20. I recommend just saving some grief and frustration and spending the slight extra on the BRS unit. It is perfect for what you want and you'll thank yourself for spending the money later.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
As far as RO goes...

Most all of them start out the same, most use the same canisters, and parts. the only differences are in the filters themselves.

Membranes are critical, I use 3M filmtec membranes.
The prefilters are important too.

For DI units that use resins, some resins are better than others also, but all will become exhausted and eventually need to be replaced.

You could spend big money on an RO unit now, and replace the components with cheaper ones and end up with a unit that is not as good as it was new, or you can buy a cheap unit and put good filters in it, and have something better than it was new.

Hopefully that makes sense..
I knew what I meant when I started typing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store