Flatworm Infestation "HELP!"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lighthousebay

Registered Member
Jan 21, 2010
We are in a bit of a pickle where the flatworms are concerned ... they obviously came in on some liverock, coral or polyps that we have in the tank. Doug did a 30 second fresh water rinse which did shed and kill numerous flatworms ... some of the coral adapted to the rinse, but others aren't doing so well.

Do any of you have any suggestions on how we can kill these buggers without injuring or killing our precious coral & Polyps? :help2:

Doug & Marjie

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Be absolutely sure to siphon as many individuals before you begin the treatment. I mean thoroughly, otherwise you risk problems from the flatworms themselves. The treatment itself is actually safe, but the dying flatworms are not.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Flatworm exit is what ive heard works too, along with the wrasse, but they dont get em all.

They are ugly things i loath. 30bucks for the med at my lfs, its awful almost all have them and are always selling alot of FWE. Figures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store