Is your tank overstocked? check out kool www.aquadvisor.com

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
Is your tank overstocked, are you setting up a tank, check this out everybody! I copied this from another member in MFK.

http://www.aqadvisor.com

put in your name, size of tank, type of fish, quantity add. then pick another fish etc. it will give you results/summary at bottom. you can keep C or chg to F temps.

post your results. kudos to the developers of this!! :thm: :worthy:

Warning: Water temperature requirements are not fully compatible between all selected species.
=> 82.4 - 87.8F: Discus
=> 68 - 78.8F: Oto
[Display in Celsius]
Recommended pH range: 5.5 - 7.8.
Recommended hardness range: 1 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 132%. [What's this?]
Recommended water change schedule: 43% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 133%

looks like I have good capacity >100% I am using 2 AC110's + a sponge filter.

xxx

what is this? link

Filtration Capacity
If you specify at least one filter, AqAdvisor.com will calculate filtration capacity for you. This number is calculated based on the actual filtration capacity of your filter(s) and amount of bioload present in your tank (assuming all your species are fully grown up). If you add more fish in your tank, this number will go down. If you add more filters (or upgrade to a more powerful filter), this number will go up. If this number stays above 100%, your setup is in a good shape. If this number drops to below 100%, you should think about either adding or upgrading your filters. You will notice that AqAdvisor.com does not use manufacturer quoted numbers for the filtration capacity. In fact, it currently uses 65% of their quoted numbers.

So what is the reason for this?

All manufacturers are very generous when it comes to quoting filtration capacities for their filters. This is no exception whether they are well known or lesser known brands. It is possible to push your setup all the way to their quoted limit, but I'd highly advise against doing this. Settling on 65% is based on years of experience. If you follow this "rule", you will not regret it. Why take a chance?

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny

emufish

AC Members
May 21, 2009
Excellent application to get an 'idea' of what is going on in your tank!

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
It has to be wrong, it told me...:thumbsdown:"Your tank is seriously overstocked. Unless this setup is temporary, you should consider a larger tank."

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
It has to be wrong, it told me...:thumbsdown:"Your tank is seriously overstocked. Unless this setup is temporary, you should consider a larger tank."
What is your tank stocked with?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
hmmm...no matrix can determine social issues such as gender, maturity, territorial issues, diet differences, spawning criteria and personality conflicts let alone genetic issues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store