Anyone have yo-yo loaches?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
If so, I have a couple questions!

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
Ahhh, the night crew, should have known!
Anyway, I originally posted under bottom dwellers and didn't get any responses. How big are your yo-yos and how long did it take for them to reach their full size? I love this fish and want to get more if I can find some. I've heard/read that they usually only reach 4 inches in a tank, but are capable of reaching 6 inches. Also I was wondering if they stay thin, or do they get chubby? Thanks.

Michwol42795

CanTANKerous
Dec 28, 2009
Chattanooga, TN
My Yo-Yos are about 4 1/2 inches and reached it after a little more than a year. I've heard of them getting even larger than 6", but never seen it personally. It depends on what your definition of thin is, in my opinion mine are chubby. Especially if it's a female it will get chubby.

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Mine were just about 4" and I actually bought them at that size, so I am not sure what age they were. I had them in my 46 gal tank along with 3 kuhlis and 2 Angelicus loaches (which were very similar in size and body shape to the Yoyos). I would consider the yoyos to have been somewhat on the chubby side. They definitely weren't thin like the kuhlis. They reminded me almost of cories in their body shape - fatter in the front and thinning out in the back. I tried to see if I had pics of the Yoyos but then realized that they had been the super fast skittish ones, and the Angelicus is the only one I ever really caught on camera because they had been more curious and outgoing. Similar, but definitely not the same fish. Ah well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store