Moving water from an unplanted tank to a heavily planted tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
I've got a 55 unplanted goldie tank that I do WC on at least twice a week or one big one a week depending on how busy I am. Would it be beneficial to my planted tanks to move this water into the planted tank instead of down the drain? I already water the garden with it in the summer time and plan on using it to water my house plants (I got inspired by Trixxx's beautiful living area and am going to sponge off my mother and have her give me some clippings). Has anyone done this and are there any problems as long as the goldie tank is healthy?

ianab

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
New Zealand
Hows the Nitrate level in your planted tank?

If you have so many plants that you have problems keeping the Nitrate level UP, then dumping in some used goldfish water might help.

Otherwise, it's just grotty used tank water that wont do your fish any favours.

Ian

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
Hows the Nitrate level in your planted tank?

If you have so many plants that you have problems keeping the Nitrate level UP, then dumping in some used goldfish water might help.

Otherwise, it's just grotty used tank water that wont do your fish any favours.

Ian
I'll be honest, I haven't checked my nitrate level in any tank in months. I have the tendency to only check things if something goes wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store