Not a newbie, but a newbie question about pythons

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
How do you stop the chlorine from contaminating the water? I get the whole system on how it works except that. Is chlorinated water okay to keep in a tank for a little while without conditioner? Whats stopping me from just bringing in a hose from outside and just doing it like that? Or can I just put the amt. of de-chlor in the tank and fill it up with de-chlor in there? Thanks guys!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I add Prime as the re-fill starts..for the size of the tank, not the size of the water change...regardless of how I am re-filling.

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
What Mr. Bishop says.
You can bring a hose in from outside... if you can adjust the water temp. Or if you don't mind shocking your fish with some really really really (it's wintertime here) cold water.

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
We've got a warm spell here, 78 degrees haha. Benefit of living in southern GA. You put the de-chlor in as it's filling up? Or before you start?

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
We've got a warm spell here, 78 degrees haha. Benefit of living in southern GA. You put the de-chlor in as it's filling up? Or before you start?
I always do it before it starts. I have a hose to drain and a house to fill so as I'm moving hoses around, I'm dosing with prime.

Debisbooked

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
Fremont Ohio
Pythons rule!

How do you stop the chlorine from contaminating the water? I get the whole system on how it works except that.
I just pour in the correct amount of Prime (about 1 1/2 cap fulls) for my tank size (75g) near where the new water is flowing into the tank. It's worked for me for four years now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store