Sinibotia Superciliaris "Golden Chinese Loach"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DLV082

Debbie
Aug 23, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Real Name
Debbie
Does anyone here have any of these loaches. I have recently acquired 3 and they appeared to be very outgoing in the lfs and also when I got them home in the QT tank but since they have been relocated into the planted tank they have disappeared. I would like to know if they are always this reclusive or just adjusting to the new tank and will come out again when they feel comfortable.

Alec2cool

AC Members
Feb 18, 2010
Central Indiana
Real Name
Alec
i currently have a 2.5 inch golden dojo loach. during the day he will hide in the sunken battleship but during feeding time or morning and dusk he'll come out and vacuum the whole bottom tank and rest on top of the battleship for awhile. Whenever a fish comes near him, he freezes. He doesnt seem shy but just cautious

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA

Troycool

Site's youngest EXPERT
Feb 5, 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Care: This family of fish are sub-tropical and live in fast to medium flow streams throughout China. They therefore appreciate current in their aquarium, good aeration and filtration.

Feeding: Easy to feed. Eagerly accepts all proprietary aquarium foods.

Water parameters: pH: 7.0- 8.0 Hardness: Medium Max dh: 12

Temperature: 68ºF to 75ºF (20-23.8°C)

Breeding: Not bred in aquaria.

Notes
This species is like an elongated Botia in general shape. The highly flexible body allows the fish to squeeze through narrow gaps between stones and make seemingly impossible tight turns around obstacles. They like to hide under rocks, so their aquarium should be furnished with lots of large pebbles and flat pieces of slate or other inert rock to provide multiple places for the fish to hide and provide security.

DLV082

Debbie
Aug 23, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Real Name
Debbie
Well it has taken a while but one of the loaches seems confident enough to come out at feeding time. Hopefully I can get some pictures of the loaches. Maybe with time they will be as outgoing as they use to be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store