Bo's BC29 build thread thingy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
Been on here a while, mostly in chat and the FW section on occasion. Sold a bunch of tanks and got a Bio-Cube 29. My plans are 150w MH with either PC or T-5's. The tank will be a reef tank(gonna take a looong time), concentrating on clams mostly(the reason i got in to SW)

How i started a little bit ago. Today i went to the LFS and picked up some more rock..wanted more needed laundry money soo i will get more next week

how she sits today

Mods to come are a
Tunze 9002 Skimmer and inTank cup
inTank media basket for a fuge or just some media if needed

Stocking im unsure about what im going to put into this tank fish stocking wise most likely some form of clown, still cant decide love the yellow stripe crimson clowns and tomato clowns

sooo uhh yea thats my tank hope you like it

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Looks great. Love the rock and aquascape!

Sounds/looks like you've done your homework. Both the Tunze and the inTank additions will serve you well. Have you thought about additional flow? You will need it especially if you are planning on clams.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
good luck

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
Looks great. Love the rock and aquascape!

Sounds/looks like you've done your homework. Both the Tunze and the inTank additions will serve you well. Have you thought about additional flow? You will need it especially if you are planning on clams.
Yes i have thought about more flow i should have mentioned i am going to upgrade the pump to a maxi-jet1200 and the new koralia nano evolution which puts out 425gph

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
where do u get the live rock? It looks like coral or somethin.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I need to look into those Evos. Heard some good things so far.

The branchy looking piece looks like tonga rock which you don't see much anymore (think collection might be resticted now). If you want to add some nice base rock checkout www.bulkreefsupply.com. Their pukani rock is full of all sort of nooks and crannies. It will become live in no time and is pretty cheap compared to live rock.

Edit: Oops, posted before you responded. That is one thick piece of dead coral. Must be an acro or a staghorn. Very cool piece whatever it is!

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
the long piece is tonga rock(dont remember what the guy said but it started with a T) i believe but there are some pieces of rock that have dead coral on it

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
i coulda used that in my 30 gal. Woulda looked so cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store