Rose line shark question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
I saw these nice looking Rose line sharks in an LFS yesterday, how big do they get? Are they aggressive?

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
About 6". They are part of the barb family, so they'll school loosely. They behave more like cherry barbs than tiger barbs, though they like good current, and are peaceful natured.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I wouldn't call them bottom dwellers more mid water. Mine are peaceful with occasional bouts of chasing each other, I only have 2. They consider the same size SAEs part of the shoal. Mine are not skittish.
I lost 3 of 5 in QT & I've heard they don't ship really well so wait a week or 2 after your lfs gets them. Too expensive to lose :mad2:. Now there are tank raised roselines that don't seem as colorful at a small size but they supposedly get just as pretty. Anyone have TRs?

Brandiellis7

AC Members
Mar 24, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I have three, and they seem to do incredibly well with my betta and neon tetras. Only one seems to get food aggressive, and that's only near the end when there's not much food on the surface (begins to guard the area and chase away fish). They LOVE nibbling on large Watersprite I have growing in the center of my tank.

They do love chasing each other, but I rarely see them chase anyone else. Poseidon (the betta) will try and join in, but he just can't keep up with how fast they're playing! :)

inspireram

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
i love these beautiful fish. i have 6 of them in my planted tank. once they get bigger the silver look on their top will turn kinda greenish. very peaceful but active fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store