habrosus cories in a planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

naturelady

AC Members
Jan 29, 2010
WI
I've got a 20g tall planted tank (recently set up). The tank has mostly anubias, with a few stems, couple ferns, some moss, and some HC that is very slowly growing to carpet the bottom.

I am trying to decide if I am going to have to make a very difficult decision between my beloved habrosus cories and HC carpet. Will the cories be okay with a tank that has a plant carpet on the bottom? I know they like sifting through things, but they are so little, they can't actually move around my substrate (eco-complete) anyways. Some of the eco-complete pieces are bigger than my littlest cories!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
Is your 20g tall completely planted with HC? I personally don't see the carpet being a issue and I definitely don't think the other plants will be a issue. Just make sure you are feeding enough that food is able to get to the habrosuses before the top and middle fish get to it. My habrosus likes to rub his nose around my substrate (river/natural gravel) as well but he doesn't actually "move" any of the gravel. :)

Aren't they the most adorable little fish? I love mine so much. :) Good luck! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store