Petsmart $1 Deals :D

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I picked up 15 otos and one albino chocolate H. plecostomus.

Sometimes I wonder about people. One of the otos was hooked on the net and the guy tried to get him loose with his hand. Needless to say, I didn't buy that one.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Whew, 15 chain-store quality otos? I forsee losses. Good deal though, I hope they do better than those poor cories :)

Ahura-sama

AC Members
Dec 12, 2009
Northridge, CA
You should have bough that oto, Nolapete.

Gonna go out on a limb but for a dollar more, I'd not hesitate to take my chance w/ the oto rather than giving it nil of a chance at the store.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Nope, one oto dies they all commit suicide. I'm not having mass suicide again. That's what happened with my otos when I had my planted tank. They were all doing fine then one day I see one dead. Yes, I checked all the water parameters and all the other fish were doing fine. No signs of disease at all. About a week later they all started dying. No other fish died and there was no aggression.

Ahura-sama

AC Members
Dec 12, 2009
Northridge, CA
They are gentle and soft stuff. Temperance is rarely a problem, if at all. All they do is eat, all day everyday.

They look nice too, those big eyes.

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
Ahura, would they be ok with snails? I've got 40 mystery/apple snails growing out in a 55 g tank with a few Pearl Gouramis. I'd love to get some Otos if they'd leave the snails alone. The smallest ones are pea sized.

Michwol42795

CanTANKerous
Dec 28, 2009
Chattanooga, TN
Ahura, would they be ok with snails? I've got 40 mystery/apple snails growing out in a 55 g tank with a few Pearl Gouramis. I'd love to get some Otos if they'd leave the snails alone. The smallest ones are pea sized.
Snails should have no problem with Otos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store