50-60 gallon Diamond corner tank.... suitable?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I was thinking 2 goldies max. Not sure about what type as of yet, but would this be okay?
I was thinking 2 veil tails if I could find them or possibly ranchus or lionheads.
I also really like the blue oranda one of my favorite stores gets in from time to time. Would this be okay?
The filter would be a rena xp3 with possibly a Fluval u2 and or a rena HOB.
What temp do goldfish like? I would have to keep a heater in the tank otherwise my tank would go down to the low 50s in my rooms, but does this sound okay?
As well, I have plants I would like to transfer over... will the goldies eat them? Any shrimp that would make for good inhabitants as well as the goldies?
I was thinking an otto for a cleanup crew... or maybe some other algae eater....
Ideas?

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
I keep a heater in mine in the winter, the seemed to have gotten really inactive when it was around 65 so i keep it at about 70
goldies eat almost any plant except for maybe large leafed swords, possibly some crypts
they'll make a snack out of just about any shrimp I can think of.
I don't have a clean up crew in my goldie tank. i keep no live plants so i don't even have a light over it. just room lights. I do however have weather loaches for a bottom dweller. look into those as well as golden dojos. I think i recall seeing someone keep ABNs in with their goldies. I think it would definitely be too cold for otos and some of the touchier plecs. I'm sure other would chime in.
japanese trapdoor snails could also be a possibility for clean up

XMAN

AC Members
Nov 24, 2004
RI
Chaetostoma spp. plecos like cooler temps and can be compatible with Goldfish as long as you don't overstock the tank and keep the water clean (at least 10 gallons per goldfish). They like fast currents, clean water and temps in the 68-73 degree range. Frequent water changes to keep the water clean. Goldfish are fish ammonia producers. I've kept them with goldfish in the past.

And you would likely need to supplement their food at night when the lights go out, as most goldfish tanks aren't lighted enough to grow enough algae to support plecos. But you'd have to gauge that one.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Whoops! I was having a blonde moment.:D

Looks quite narrow though. I'd just stick to 2-3 fancies there, hun. Makes me wish Siamese dolls are more commonly available as these ones suit quite well there since they don't grow more than 4-5". Mine is 4" unless she decides to be a monster.:nilly:

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Fancies as in? What type of fancies?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Ryukins, shortbodied orandas (not a fan of these), ranchus, lionheads or maybe telescopes. Depends which one you like. Veiltails are fine but they're hard to find, same with eggfish. I've been meaning to find eggfish. Dunno when they'll be around more though.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store