FS Riparium Bonsai Package - Madison, WI - shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
This is a package deal combining two very good riparium plants and riparium planting accessories, along with a unique riparium planting concept.

$28.00 for full package including shipping.

The Peruvian primrose willow (Ludwigia peruviana) is a semi-woody shrub native to South America. It can grow pretty fast and with a growth habit that is easy to train into different shapes by pruning the growing tips and bending the branches. This is not the best picture, but here is a shot showing a specimen in a riparium hanging planter.

The plant also develops a nice woody trunk with time. It responds very well to pruning. This one has been trimmed many times to control its size and shape. It's a great plant.

But wait, there's more. L. peruviana also bears very attractive yellow blooms, even under moderately bright fluorescent lighting. The next picture shows the flower of a different Ludwigia species, L. peploides,, but the inflorescence of L. peruviana is similar.

The second plant included in this offer is the carpeting stem, Bacopa madagascariensis. This one creates an attractive effect when planted in a hanging planter, then trained to grow forward to cover a trellis raft. The picture below illustrates this planting method...

...and the next shot shows the effect created as the Bacopa grows in to cover the planting accessories.

I propose that one with some time one could make an appealing "riparium bonsai" feature by growing these two plants together. Just imagine a tree-like form created with the Ludwigia plant, with a tidy floating lawn of Bacopa beneath, all hugging the edge of a tank with a planted scene or fish display in the underwater area. This would be very cool. I think that this combination could stand alone as a feature in a tank, or you could also combine these two plants with others for a full riparium display. The only thing that you would likely need to accommodate these plants would be to raise you lighting high enough to allow some vertical growth of the Ludwigia. Both of these plants respond well to root fertilization, so it would be wise to also include "root tab" fertilizers in the planter cup while planting. Additional planting and growing tips will be provided to anyone interested in this package.

The following list summarizes all items included in this package.

• 2 "small" riparium planter cups with heavy-duty suction cups and other accessories
  • rooted cutting of Ludwigia peruviana, 8-12" in length and ready to plant
  • riparium trellis raft
  • Bacopa madagascariensis cuttings, 6-8 pieces, ready to plant
  • insulated shipping box with heat pack
  • USPS Priority Mail shipping

All of these are included for just $28.00. Please send a PM for payment details or with any questions that might come to mind.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I have another picture showing everything in this package.

The riparium planter cups (1) each include a planter screen and plant label, as well as a pair of heavy-duty suction cups (2). With some light, warmth and ferts, the rooted Ludwigia peruviana cutting (3) should start to grow right away. The trellis raft (4) will support the Bacopa madagascariensis stems (5) as they grow forward into the layout midground to form a nice floating carpet of foliage.

All of this is shipped in an insulated box with heat pack--what a good deal!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
It looks as though I sold this one available package, but I have more Ludwigia cuttings starting to root so I might post again next week.

Send a PM if you would like to know about availability of other stuff. I have lots of plants.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I just mailed off another one of these, but I have enough extra plants for one more right now, so the offer is open again.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
are these your old hook and loop velcro style or the new mushroom head style?

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Yes, These planter cups and trellis rafts have the mushroom-head fasteners, which make a real sturdy union.

The hook & loop fasteners did not work as well and they weren't used for very long.

I can also substitute the super-strong sandwich magnet mount to replace the suction cups for $6.00/planter.

The magnetitc planters work really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store