help with fighting angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lindyloo

Registered Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hi,

New to the forum and need some help with my angels.

(Sorry this is a bit long winded) 3 months ago i decided to get an aquarium. Found all the info i could and set it up for a month before i got any fish. When i went to the shop i explained that i had 10 swordtails (given to me by a friend) and asked what fish would go well with them. Got 6 penguin fish and they told me to get 2 angels to start with so i did. I then read that angels should be kept alone or in groups so i went back to the shop to get another one or two to increase the numbers. They then told me it was a bad idea to introduce new angels as mine would have established their territory and would attack any newcomers. Since then my 2 angels have been getting on fine until this week when they swim around together quite happily until after they have been fed when one chases the other nipping at its sides. Can't see any visable damage but worried that my angel will be getting stressed. Like i said it only happens after they have been fed in the evening! Should i separate them, add at least 1 other angel or just monitor the situation and see what happens?:huh:

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
It's normal mating behaviour. If you can't see any visible damage, I'd just wait it out. You'll probably wake up to them both fanning eggs one morning.

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What size tank is this, and how big are your angels..it could also be the initial pecking order being established.

Lindyloo

Registered Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hey,

Its a 50gallon i believe. Been feeding dried flake food and blood worms. they're about 2 inches. The one being chased now has a couple of marks on its scales and a tear in its fin. Saw what looked (from me trawling through you tube) like a very brief lip lock this morning but the one being chased keeps hiding in the plants. Will put up pics when i figure out how to!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store