Blue's Tang Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Finally got the tank set up :) I was going to do a build thread but it turns out that I'm not very good at taking pictures along the way. I'm waiting on a new light so the lighting is really off right now. It's a 30" tank and I only have a 24" light. Oh well here are the specs:
20 gallon Long
HOB filter
Black color quartz s-grade
flourite
Several plants I don't remember the names of
Lots of saltwater shells
6 Neolamprologus multifasciatus
3 Altolamprologus calvus( white Chaitika)
1 Blue Mystery snail

Right now the tank looks barren! I'm hoping the multis will multiple and help fill it in. The multis love all the shells and the calvus really like the rocks and swimming through the plants. I thought about adding some dither fish but I really like the whole Tang theme(besides the plants). All of the fish are only 1" long.

Sorry the pictures are crummy. When i get a new light I should be able to get a better full tank shot. The multis don't swim right up to the front of the tank like my mbuna do so they were more difficult to photograph as well.

20long.jpg multi.jpg multi2.jpg

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
wont the calvus get to big??

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Slow growing unless there in my tank i swear my Calvus and Comp's grow way to fast, i guess that could be a good thing but i appreciate them taking their time growing..

Nice job Blue..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store