Matching bumps?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Barnacle

AC Members
Dec 22, 2009
SW Washington
I have a group of Ryukins, and the smallest of the lot has two bumps on it's hind-end (One on either side in the same place). Now would this be normal or are these growths I should worry about in the near future?

Edit: On a side note the area around the bumps is healthy looking, no obvious irritation

Last edited:

Barnacle

AC Members
Dec 22, 2009
SW Washington
They are just in front of the tail fin and just above the rear-bottom fins there. One has gone down quite a bit so I'm hoping the other will follow soon.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Where are the pics though? We need to find this out. Can you please add a few more details such as water parameters, tank size, tankmates, filtration, maintenance regimen, diet and history of health?

Barnacle

AC Members
Dec 22, 2009
SW Washington
Sorry about the pictures thing, all I have atm is a cellphone camera and it just turns out too blurry to see. However the bumps went away so I can stop panicing :D

Glad too, it was the runt and my favorite of the lot (Don't tell the other goldfish that)

ODPILOT

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
On these sorts of things -- I find that if you have a lump or bump and it is normal, they two will be equal on both sides. So, when in doubt, if it's equal on both sides, in size and placement, it's normal. could be some sort of gland -- I've seen similar type thing on my golden chinese algae eater, on his head -- turns out it was normal as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store