Trip

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
I have recently found out that my family is leaving the country for a month long trip to Europe. There is going to be a two week period when no one will be home at all. I have a freshwater aquarium that I'm not worried about as the only thing that needs to be regulated is the light and that's on a timer. My real worry is my Litoria caerulea. I don't have anyone to watch it for those two weeks (water changes, feeding). What should I do?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I would just dump in a lot of crickets before you leave. Reptiles and amphibians can go weeks to months without eating so that shouldn't really be a problem. But what will be an issue is keeping that tank moist. Are you sure that there is no one that can take care of it for a while or at least stop by to check on your frog?

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Or you can always ask your local petshop.
I was going to suggest this too. If there's a pet shop that you trust and have a good relationship with, I bet they would do it. And hey, it can't hurt to ask...

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Unfortunately there is no pet shop near that I would not kill to keep my pet away from. As to the cricket idea: don't WTFs have an overeating issue. As to the moisture, I could rig up something automatic. The power of timers.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
You could also lower the temp in the enclosure to the low 70's which will put your frog into a sort of Brumation mode. This should slow your frogs metabolism down so that it won't have to eat during the time you are gone.

Sarr

Je pense donc je suis
Jun 9, 2007
Iowa
Thank you, I'll look into that. It's only for two weeks though so I don't think I'll have too many problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store