Rift Lake Cichlids in Thailand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mbuna-Brian

AC Members
Feb 6, 2010
Thailand
Hello to all of you fellow members

I am a new member, and living in Thailand.
Is there anybody out there that can possiblly help me.
As a African Rift Lake fanatic, I am trying to source some good stock fish for a new tank set up here in Thailand.
My problem seems to be that the Thais do not have a clue about species of cichlids, and are selling them as "mixed ciclids"
This of course means that I am experiencing great frustration in obtaining quality fish.
If there is a kind soul out there that has experienced this problem before, and can advise a possible source, I would be eternally grateful to them.
Best Wishes to you all

Mbuna-Brian

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
:welcome:!!! At least here in the Americas, "mixed cichlids" usually means hybrids or poor quality fishes hard to identify. The only idea that comes to my mind is to ask you if it is possible for you to take photos of those cichlids and then post them here to see if we can help you to ID those fishes.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hello and welcome to AC i believe Kush is from your neck of the woods and probably be able to help you more than we can, here is a link so that you may contact him on a possible solution to your issues..

Click here and post a message to Kush or PM him http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207156

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i dont know much about that area, scratch that, i dont know anything about that area with fish stores and all that good stuff, the best thing i could tell you would be to order fish online it may get costly, but it may be the only way to get what you want

Mbuna-Brian

AC Members
Feb 6, 2010
Thailand
Thank you for your kind offer Via photo,s
Having kept Mbuna for several years in the Uk, i always chech fish as far as possible via the www. sites of which there are several very good ones for fish I.D. Etc
I have been down this route, and believe that I would be just wasting your time - and I do not wish to do that
I also believe that some, if not all the fish here are injected for colour, which makes a nonsense of i.D.
Thank you for your response

Mbuna-Brian

AC Members
Feb 6, 2010
Thailand
Hello kush
I have your thread from Pitbull Via Ac
He says that he thinks you live in Thailand
If this is correct please contact me as I desperately need help
kindest Regards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com