Do you believe in the 2012 Apocalypse?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Do you believe in the 2012 Apocalypse?

• Yes

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 110 82.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters

groovitudedude

Teen Runner
Feb 22, 2008
stay out of the subject of religion, but do you think it'll happen?
This was a religiously based prediction. Nevertheless, I believe that Jesus will return when he does, and I plan to "expect him every hour". (Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings :nilly:)

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
I believe that the people who really run things on this planet would rather have us Little People get all excited about some imaginary "prediction" from a dead civilization than look seriously at the activities which seriously threaten (our) (and our descendants) life on earth.

We might actually start to take personal interest in why we're having climate changes, or mass species extinctions, or water shortages, or ocean acidification, or increasing stratification of wealth, or birth defects and cancer from (profitable) chemical products, or poorly tended radioactive wastes, or overcharges on credit cards, or the shifting of the tax burden from the rich to the non-rich, or the collapse of ocean fisheries.... or a great number of other issuse that we really could do something about.

But, eek, if people started caring about those issues it might threaten profit projections for next quarter! And I might not get my $27 million bonus next year! Perish the thought! Quick, find some new bit of silliness to get people's attention shifted elsewhere. Nostradamus worked for awhile but he's worn out his usefulness.

"Bread and circuses" were the distractions of an earlier empire. We are provided with silly movies and other things to keep us looking away from what we ought to be paying attention to. We make fun of dinosaurs for going extinct because they had big bodies and little bitty brains. It may be that having the reverse proportions is not suited to long-term survival as a species either.

/end rant.

ianab

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
New Zealand
Total crap.

The Ancients were really trying to warn us about how bad the movie 2012 would be. Dont waster your $$ on it. ;) Total waste of CGI.

Ian

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
bread and circuses, lol

i think its nonsense. maybe december 21 will become "end of the world" day, where everyone will pretend its the end. like people believe rodents predict the future on groundhog day :D

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
I say no, because I don't believe it. I believe we will successfully fight for a cleaner climate in the future. Electric cars, hybrids, houses that use solar power, etc...will come and technology will arise

nikond70s

AC Members
Jun 21, 2009
im very open minded so i would say yes and no. i have read quite a bit on 2012 and other theories. i dont think the earth will get wipe out but perhaps something BIG might happen in 2012. but who knows...only time will tell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store