First Video of my Angelfish Pair and fry!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

underthesea420

AC Members
Oct 5, 2008
Wilmington, NC
This is my angelfish pair and their 3 day old free swimming fry.

Sorry about the bad quality of the video, it was taken with a cell phone.

[YT]7sNI9ZsJlNs[/YT]

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice angels!

bio_lover

AC Members
Dec 18, 2009
Caring parents and cute fries. BTW, any idea whether the parents have some meals at the fries? I hope not.

underthesea420

AC Members
Oct 5, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.

After about 5 days, the female will start to get aggravated and will usually get rid of half the spawn. Then 3- 4 days later she is ready to spawn again, she will eat the rest of the fry. So about 10 days later, all the fry will be gone, and I will have another spawn on the slate. The male is great-he won't eat any of the fry, it is just the female. This spawn I am going to try to raise some fry myself.

I am currently raising some german blue babies. It will be my first time trying to raise fry myself, but so far so good. They will be 23 days old tommorrow.

Caring parents and cute fries. BTW, any idea whether the parents have some meals at the fries? I hope not.

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
Congratulations! :) I cannot believe I missed this thread yesterday. Beautiful angels -- they look so majestic. Is the father angel the one that is black and gray? He or she is quite the looker. The babies look like dust floating all over the tank. If I were mother, I would feel so overwhelmed. :D

underthesea420

AC Members
Oct 5, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Thank You.

Yep, the father is the brown & silver one. Usually he is lighter than that, but when he gets mad or stressed he turns that dark color. This spawn has been their biggest so far. She easily had 600+ free swimming fry this time. There are alot of little mouths to feed.
I don't know how they can handle that many babies, but so far they are doing fine with it.

Congratulations! :) I cannot believe I missed this thread yesterday. Beautiful angels -- they look so majestic. Is the father angel the one that is black and gray? He or she is quite the looker. The babies look like dust floating all over the tank. If I were mother, I would feel so overwhelmed. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store