WOW! i'm going to be a proud owner after the PVAS Auction!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Yes, you guys..... I think I am going to complete my cichla pond after this Sunday. I am picking up 2 large jack dempseys about 6-7'' each, 1 albino oscar about 6'', and 1 jaguar cichlid about 6''. Three large pbass about 7-10'' on Tuesday. I think this well complete my cichla pond that I started working on yesterday.. 1200 gallons. I am getting them all free of charge.
Any tips how to transfer these guys? Can I leave them in my car in a bucket fo about 2-3 hours with the heat on?? I want to see if they have pond liners, etc and list to the speeches.
Should I bring an airpump, and an heater?
Let me know.
Thanks,
-Alex

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
Congratulations, Alex. Yes, if you can, bringing an battery-run air pump and heater would be helpful. Given the number and sizes of the fish, if you could fit them in something bigger than a bucket, it may help with any possible aggression issues. Maybe a wide rubbermaid container? Good luck. :)

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
:iagree:

That's an awful lot of big fish to fit in a bucket

Devereaux2106

AC Members
Sep 28, 2009
MA
Real Name
Joe
Yeah in addition to the air pump and heater I'd get some sort of ammonia buffer too, and grats on the pond I wish I had the space for one inside :cry:

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
All you really need is a sufficient amount of tank water in the bag and squeeze the remaining oxygen that's caught in the bag as far down as humanly possible and tie it up super tight (the same way they are prepared when you bring them home etc)

I would even double bag them just to be on the safe side...and DON'T USE A BUBBLER IN THE BAGS...just tie up the oxygen that is inside the bag and it will be more than sufficient

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store