What is your favorite tank for a betta?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

b.greene

AC Members
Jan 30, 2008
Northern Michigan
I am considering getting a betta for my desk and wondering what tanks you like best? I am thinking one betta, a shrimp and a snail.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
I like tanks with ample swimming room, good filtration without too much flow, and a heater for a betta. I kept my betta with guppies and an amano shrimp and he left them alone. It all depends on the temperament of your betta.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
I like those 2.5 and 5 gallon mini bows w/ built in filters for a single betta. You just need to add a small heater.

ExtraHannah

Learning as fast as I can!
Dec 6, 2009
Central NC
I really like my Marineland Eclipse Hex 5 for my betta. Petco has a pretty good sale on them right now. The small footprint won't take up a ton of room on your desk, but it's a decent size at 5 gallons. Everything is built in except the heater. You have to keep the water level fairly high for the filter which causes a bit of whirlpool action at the top, except behind the output. However, because it's deep, the water is very calm in the bottom half. So, my guy likes exercising, playing and surfing at the top or just hangs out in the lower half and/or hangs out and makes his bubble nests in the calm behind the output.

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
I'm with ExtraHannah. My betta appears to love his Marineland Eclipse Hex 5. I had him in a Eclipse 3, but when I converted that to a shrimp tank, I bought him the hex 5. He seems to be much livelier in the Hex 5 (or as lively as a betta can or will be).

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
10 gal tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store