My banded sculpin I caught last october

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vladsbtch

AC Members
Oct 18, 2008
Nashville, TN
So I went to the creek behind our house (well about 2 blocks away) about the middle of october. I caught 5 crays and a fish I had never seen before. I have since had it identified. It is a banded sculpin. When I first brought it home I thought it was going to die. Wouldn't eat anything and got really skinny. Well I decided to get some ghost shrimp. WOW this fish tore into them like nothing I have ever seen before. It will track them down and pounces like a cat. It is almost twice the size it was when I caught it. I will sit and watch this tank more than any of the others cause the crays and sculpin entertain me. The crays are a burrowing type so they have rearranged the tank many times over. I watch them pick up the stones and move things around. burrow here and burrow there. I plan on going to the duck river as soon as the weather is above 45 for a few days and trying to get some more natives. I will also go back to the creek and try for some more of these sculpins. I know I am going to get the 45 breeder redone for natives but I might also keep this tank with native too. I really like them. I have no heater in the tank cause they like it cooler ( I keep it under 70 degrees) and I have gotten a bigger power head filter in the tank cause they are from a swift running creek and seem to like the current.

modules.jpg 009.JPG

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
He's awesome! He just looks like a bad-***!

vladsbtch

AC Members
Oct 18, 2008
Nashville, TN
Oh these pictures are over a month old, I need to get real recent pics to show the difference in size.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
:popcorn:

vladsbtch

AC Members
Oct 18, 2008
Nashville, TN
Oh he is. I was told he will get from 4 to 5 inches. So I am excited. Also if I can get more they breed easily and the males take very good care of the babies. I cannot wait till spring gets here. lol

vladsbtch

AC Members
Oct 18, 2008
Nashville, TN
new pictures

Well I finally got around to getting new pictures of my sculpin. I have a couple of them close to the coconut shell he used to like to be in. Now one of the crays has claimed it.

076.jpg 077.jpg 078.jpg

vladsbtch

AC Members
Oct 18, 2008
Nashville, TN
Shoot last night the sculpin had a feast. The little sleeper goby in the pic is gone as well as one of the crays. The sculpins belly is huge!!!!! Since the other crays are still eating from my hand I would say the sculpin is the culprit. The pig.....

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
hungry hungry fishy!
So spring is here now...will you be getting more? I'm interested in this thread so please keep us updated!

vladsbtch

AC Members
Oct 18, 2008
Nashville, TN
oh yes I will be getting some more as soon as it warms up more. I still want to breed them. I went to the creek and it is still too cold nothing out and about at all. I will keep updating. I have the before picture and after picture attached.

077.jpg 005.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store