3 Gallon JBJ Picotope; The Beginnings

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wobbz

AC Members
Nov 14, 2008
Yesterday I finally setup my 3 gallon picotope i had stored since last summer, i thought it was about time. This is not only my first picotope, but my first saltwater tank as well; and i know that the smaller the tank, the more you have to keep up with the chemistry and the frequent changes, but I'm fine with that. Anyway, I guess this is going to be somewhat of a journal so I'm open to opinions and experiences that you have had with picos and reefs. So, without further adieu, my 3 gallon picotope :)

145.JPG

wobbz

AC Members
Nov 14, 2008
BTW; the tank, for now, is running the stock filter and light. I'm thinking of picking up a nano powerhead - what do you guys think about that?

wobbz

AC Members
Nov 14, 2008
I have no idea yet, definitely will get a CUC; plus my LFS had a 3/4 inch clown the other day so maybe in a couple of weeks he will still be there so I could grow him out? Who knows. If that's not the case then maybe Yellow Tail Damsel

wobbz

AC Members
Nov 14, 2008
I've seen reefers on another forum (nano-reef) actually have great success with fish in their picos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store