Anyone Tried Green Marine Algae Sheets...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ExtraHannah

Learning as fast as I can!
Dec 6, 2009
Central NC
for their oto? It's by Ocean Nutrition and says it's good for freshwater herbivores (in addition to tall the saltwater fish they market it for.) My oto already get zucchini occasionally. However, they never get a shot at any of the algae wafers. The cory and platy attack those. So, I thought maybe a little bit of these sheets, clipped in like I add my zucchini, might be a good thing. However, I certainly don't want to give them anything that's not good for them. I just hesitate since it's mostly aimed at saltwater fish and I wonder if there could even be salt in the sheets since it's marine algae...

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
This is perfectly fine to use and herbivorous fish do appreciate them. My goldfish, plecos and catfish all love the stuff, and some fish will pick at it. :) However do yourself a financial favor and just get plain nori from the Oriental market or Asian section of the regular grocery store...it's the same thing, only much cheaper.

ExtraHannah

Dec 6, 2009
Central NC
Good deal! Thanks platy! I'll have to look for the nori in the itty bitty Asian section at our grocery store if they like the Ocean Nutrition stuff I picked up. We're pretty limited out here in the middle of nowhere!

ExtraHannah

Dec 6, 2009
Central NC
<giggle> svf

Well, turns out the platy find them vaguely interesting to nibble on, but the otos turned their little noses up. They love their zucchini though. I may try some other veggies Mich, thanks for the suggestions!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store