Mantis Shrimp Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
got a new light on the mantis shrimp tank, and went shoppin for coral. hope you like it :D

neat little macro algae, its a lot more orange in person

creeping bubble algae, this wad is about a half inch thick, a lot less invasive than typical bubble algae

the survivors. these zoas have been in a tank with no light (not even ambient) for several months. when i found them they were clear, the only reason i didnt throw them out was because i was curious why they still held their shape, dead things dont do that. look at em now!

and now onto the good stuff, i decided i wanted this tank to be almost exclusively leather and leather like corals. heres my two new frags

got both those for 16$ a piece

and finally some shots of othello

mmm, fish head...

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Having fun yet ?

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
He is awsome! I kind of want one but heard they can smash glass. Is this true?

Soupysteve

Apathetic Master
Aug 24, 2008
Ozarks - Springfield, Mo
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Stephen Hess
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7 Active
Very nice! I know this may get me in trouble with the squeamish, but I have a suggestion. Buy a pregnant molly. Aside from being inexpensive, mollies are easily acclimated and will clean up your tank. I assure you that your stomatopod will thank you for the smorgasbord of goodies she'll produce later. Eventually, he'll get the adult molly, but I don't see anything wrong with getting cheap live food that cleans your tank :D

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
my mantis is too lazy to eat fish, unless its dead or dieing he leaves it alone. besides mollys are crap machines, i dont have a blue thumb for reef keeping so im trying to keep things as clean as possible for my corals ;)

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
He is awsome! I kind of want one but heard they can smash glass. Is this true?

only very large peacocks(and i think chigra can too) can break glass but only thin glass like in a 10g but by the time they reach the size to break a 10g they should already be in a larger tank because of size restraints. they cant break glass till like 4-5in and by then they should be in atleast a 20g long

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store