BFK Update thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
This is the thread where I will update you on the pond status, fish status, and any other fish related status. Please no crappy replies post allowed.
I will also pic updated pics of fish here.

Update 1 2/19/2010
Fish Update....
Female Jackdempsey chases and attacks Male Jack dempsey. Red bay snook nipping at peacock bass. I've decided to bring the female jd, and red bay snook along with the common pleco to the lfs for credit/trade tommrow. Will keep you update on what I get for my 20 long. I plan on shrinking my stock in the 150. To much bioload. Just want to have the peacock bass, oscar, jag, jack dempsey, lima shovelnose, niger, rtcxtsn, marbled pim cat, and clown knife. Then they will be added to the pond once its done.

Pond Update....
Waiting to get $15 dollars so I can get the intex pool that I want to use as my pond. It costs $229.99 and I only have $215. I am starting to work on the wooden part. It will be the frame of the pond, you know to hold the pond. I haven't decided wheter or not to use a metal or blow up pool.

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Update 2 2/21/2010
Fish Update
Yesterday I got rid of my red tail catfish, common pleco which turned out to be a snowking pleco or something like that, red bay snook, and 1 jack dempsey. Now there is plenty of room in my tank. The only thing I added was a four lined pim, but in the 150 now is 3 pbass, 1 albino oscar, 2 jack dempseys, 1 five star cichlid, 1 lima cat, 1 niger cat, 1 rtcxtsn, and 1 four lined cat, 1 clown knife.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
in the 150 now is 3 pbass, 1 albino oscar, 2 jack dempseys, 1 five star cichlid, 1 lima cat, 1 niger cat, 1 rtcxtsn, and 1 four lined cat, 1 clown knife.
That's all? Hope that pond gets built quick!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
What are you going to do with all these fish in the winter? It gets mighty cold for tropicals in the winter up here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store