Scared!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Reading all this stuff on all the badthings in a saltwater tank has me scared im not gonna lie lol! Im scared to keep my hands in the water now had em in there for a while tonight trying to move some rock around Im freakin out!!

Oh do you guys do sand then rock or vice versa? LFS tells me one thing people tell me another haha

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
ya know i never really think of all the things that could just do me harm when i stick my hand in my tank, i should really be more conscientious but i just never have been about it and its almost been a year, and let me tell you ive had my hand in that tank for hours upon hours

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
its scary really standing there thinking about it!

Hey I have a white fuzzy looking worm thing in my tank are they okay? Its about 1cm big and suction cupped to the side of the tank

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Hmmm... I've had some funky rashes lately from coral stings, and I nearly touch my foxface at least once each time I scrape the glass (I probably WILL get stung). I've also touched at least one bristle worm with no effect (I'm pretty sure that should have caused me some pain)... can't say that I'm scared or really concerned at all; but I might be retarded.

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Haha yep today I was totally freakin needless to say till no sand in my tank and in my eyes way to much live rock lol

whyzee250

AC Members
Aug 17, 2005
Salida, CA
i do rock, then sand.

Also, I don't think about what can be on my rock. I've been lucky. (knock on wood)

ranvan

AC Members
Feb 3, 2007
Prevention is the cure for anxiety.

I had a spiny urchin for awhile and was simply cautious. But then I discovered (before sticking my hands in the water) that he twice chewed heater cords. So rather than wonder, I got rid of him.

I don't do lionfish or any other fish or invert that may make my aquarium more of a hazard than a joy.

If the hobby isn't relaxing and instead causes anxiety, then how can it be called a hobby?

So is my thinking.

z28sseater

AC Members
Nov 16, 2008
My tank consists of a 12" volitan lionfish, a 6 " bicolor foxface, a 7" clown triggerfish, a 4" niger triggerfish, a 9" blue hippo tang, a 5" dogface puffer, and a 4" domino damsel. (These sizes are off the top my head) Not once have a been stung or have been close to being stung by the lionfish or foxface. My hand has been so close to them. THey dont care about my hand, they know i feed them. The clown triggerfish everyonce in a while hell go after my hand. 95% of the time hes ok. The one im scared of is the domino damsel!!! HES NASTY.. I cant put my hand in their without being attacked, and hes a good size. Its rather funny actually that i got all these big nasty fish and i get attacked by a beginner fish...... its fun!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store