should i worry bout it

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
my largest mudskipper took a few bites out of my hand i started bleeding quite a bit and some of it got in the water i did a water change but im still worried if it will affect them. oh and will my mudskipper always make me bleed when i feed it by hand or was this a rare thing.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I'd worry more about the bacteria from his mouth getting into your hand.

Troycool

Site's youngest EXPERT
Feb 5, 2010
Chula Vista, CA
did you put alcohol on the wounds? keep watch over them carefully, and dont worry, the chances of getting infected is slim

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
ok thank you guys no i didnt think to put alcohol on it i just washed it with soap

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Heh, with all the anti-bacterial soaps out there, I think that should be good enough.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
...dude, alcohol is what your supposed to put on any wound :nilly:
Absolutely not. Alcohol is a great disinfectant, but irritates open wounds, and is not useful in all applications. Betadine (or equivalent generic) is a great non-irritating antiseptic that will cover nearly all of your bases with whatever bacteria may have been introduced to the wound.

AB soap is also just fine. :thumbsup:

Troycool

Site's youngest EXPERT
Feb 5, 2010
Chula Vista, CA
lol, well I didnt know how big the wound was!

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
it was a bunch of teeth marks all over my hand like little shark bites not enough to rip of skin but enough to make you bleed a good amount

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store