Mafia 65: Masons and Mafia (Sign-up Thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland

MASONS & MAFIA

Once again the Mafia has invaded ACville.... Time to get 'em gone.

SETUP

In this game there are 4 masons and 4 townies against 4 mafia goons.

The townies and masons will work toward lynching mafia members, and win when the all mafium have been eliminated. The mafia will try to prevent that from happening, and win when their numbers are equal to (or greater than) 50% of the town.

This is a nightless setup, meaning that the mafia will not make kills during the night. Each mafia goon, however, will have the ability to make kills during the day. At any given time, a mafia goon may PM to me a target for assassination. If the target is a mason, the mason will die. If the target is a townie, the attack will fail, and the mafia goon will die. There is no limit regarding the number of players a mafia goon may target for assassination on any given day.

Communication for both masons and mafia will be limited. Teams will be allowed to communicate in the respective threads provided during the pregame period, and for the first 24 hours of each game day WITH THE EXCLUSION OF DAY 1 (ie, there will be NO outside communication during Day 1).

ROLE PMs

Role assignments will be random.

Mason – 4 players received the following PM:

You are a Mason. The other Masons are players B, C, and D. You know them all to be innocent.

Abilities:
  • Private Talk - You may talk to the other masons during the pregame, and first 24 hours of each game day (excluding Day 1) in this private thread [link to be provided]. If you die, you will no longer be able to communicate with your team in the private thread.
Win Condition: You win when all mafia are dead.
Townie – 4 players received the following PM:

You are a Townie. The mafia has invaded your town, and you want them gone. You have no special abilities, other than casting your vote.

Win Condition: You win when all mafia are dead.
Mafia Goon – 4 players received the following PM:

You are a Mafia Goon. You partners in crime are players X, Y, and Z.

Abilities:
  • Private Talk - You may talk to the other masons during the pregame, and first 24 hours of each game day (excluding Day 1) in this private thread [link to be provided]. If you die, you will no longer be able to communicate with your team in the private thread.
  • Day Kill - At any time during the day, you may send in a target for assassination. If your target is a mason, they will die. If your target is a townie, the attack will fail and you will die. You may target as many people as you want on any given day.
Win Condition: You win when at least 50% of all living players are mafia.

RULES

GENERAL

1. All game mod decisions are final. If you disagree with something, or have a question about the game, feel free to PM me.

2. You may not quote your role PM to prove your innocence.

3. No editing of posts!

4. Special mod powers may not be used by any players possessing site modding privileges.

5. Unless your role permits, NO discussing this game outside of the thread.

6. Once you're dead, please do not post in this thread or respective team (mason or mafia) threads.

7. It's just a game. Please, no personal attacks on other players.

- If any player feels they are being personally attacked, please PM me and we can try to resolve the situation.
- Any player who says that they are quitting the game will be killed immediately, and their role revealed.

8. I've tried to make these rules complete as possible. In the event that I've overlooked something, I reserve the right to make revisions accordingly.

VOTING

1. To vote to lynch a player, you must say 'I vote to lynch so-and-so,' and BOLD your vote. Votes that are not bolded will NOT be counted.

2. To change your vote, a retraction in bold would be greatly appreciated. In the absence of a retraction, the new vote will still count, but as stated previoiusly, A RETRACTION IN BOLD WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

3. This game will be different, in that a player will need to receive votes from a MAJORITY of players in order to be lynched.

- To keep the game moving, a 72 hour deadline between lynch cycles will be imposed. If at the time of the deadline, no player has received votes from a majority of players, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Any tie vote will result in a coin flip, and the loser will be lynched.

4. You may vote for yourself or ‘no lynch’.

MASONS & MAFIA

1. Masons and Mafia will only be allowed limited communication. Teams will be allowed to communicate in the respective threads provided during the pregame period, and for the first 24 hours of each game day WITH THE EXCLUSION OF DAY 1 (ie, there will be NO outside communication during Day 1). Violation of this rule may lead to mod-kill of an individual offender, or possibly team forfeiture of the game.

2. Upon death, Masons and Mafia may no longer communicate with their respective teams in either the team thread or via PM. Violation of this rule may lead to team forfeiture of the game.

3. Mafia members must send assassination targets via PM.

4. Due to the fact that voting will different, and I will not be able to monitor the thread constantly, there is the possibility that a player may receive a hammering (killing) vote before I read and post the results of any outstanding mafia assassination attempt PMs. Any assassination attempt PMs received and time-stamped BEFORE a hammering vote occurred will take priority.

UNTIMELY DEATHS

1. As players will need to receive votes from a majority of players in order to be lynched, and lynch cycles may not be deadlined, some players may not vote during a given lynch cycle. This will NOT result in an UNTIMELY DEATH (UD).

2. Any player not posting for 24 hours may receive a prod via PM.

3. Any player not posting for 48 hours will die an UNTIMELY DEATH (UD)

DAY AND TWILIGHT

1. During the Day phase, players will discuss and vote until a player has been lynched.

2. Once the vote required to reach a majority has been cast, that person is dead. Unvoting will not undo the lynch.

3. Please note that this is a nightless setup. There is a Twilight Phase. Players are still allowed to discuss, but votes will be ignored. The Twilight phase has an indeterminate length of time, as it is simply the length of time between the actual lynching vote, and the death scene. Please note that any votes, lynches, self-revelations and other shenanigans in Twilight are NOT OFFICIAL UNLESS THEY ARE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD.

------------​

Please read the rules carefully before signing up, as this game will be slightly different with regard to voting and team communication:

-A single player must receive a majority of living players’ votes in order to be lynched.
-Masons and mafia may only communicate at certain times during the game.

----------​

Looking for 12 players...

In the event the player list appears full, and you would still like to play, I encourage you to sign up. Sometimes people drop out, or I might even consider replacing a player with a history of chronic UDing.

Due to the limited number of slots, I may accept only 1 newbie for this game.

Depending on when all slots fill, I’m hoping to send roles on Saturday (3/6) and start the game on Sunday (3/7).

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Me me me, i wanna join i wanna join

Im in

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
IN!