FS Riparium Plant Package - Madison, WI - shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
FS: Riparium Plant Package

I am in the process of tearing down the current planting in my 50-gallon riparium setup and I have several nice emersed plants available. If you might be contemplating a moderate-light to high-light riparium setup with carpeting stem plants I highly recommend this package offer. It includes several of the best plants for this kind of layout. Here is a recent shot of this setup.

This second picture shows the carpeting stems well. The two groups of stems over on the left are Bacopa madagascariensis and Limnophila aromatica, which both form a very pleasing floating carpet when planted with the trellis raft + riparium hanging planter combination.

To get the plants grow as nice dense carpets it is best to use moderate to bright lighting. I have used a fixture with two 39-watt HO T5 lamps and polished reflectors over this layout.

This plant package offer includes the following:

• Bacopa madagascariensis--6 rooted stems
  • Limnophila aromatica--3 rooted stems
  • Pilea cardierei--2 cuttings
  • Lippia nodiflora--2 rooted stems
  • Cyperus alternifolius var. gracilis--1 division
  • USPS Priority Mail shipping in insulated box with 60-hour heat pack

These are all included for package price of $22.00. This is a good value.

With just a few stems of each plant, this won't really be enough material to plant up a full 36" tank, but with some care these plants will grow and give you more cuttings and divisions: the Bacopa and Cyperus in particular grow pretty fast. With the addition of nice centerpiece plant, such as a sword or robust aroid, this will include all the plants you need to put together a layout like the one shown above.

Detailed planting suggestions also provided upon request. Please send a PM if interested in this package deal.

I include here some representative pictures of the plants in this package.

Bacopa madagascariensis

Limnophila aromatica

Pilea cardierei

Lippia nodiflora (bloom)

Cyperus alternifolius var. gracilis

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Thanks fl4ian.

i can still make one or two more of these available.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey I'd love to sell another one of these. This is a good deal on hardy emersed plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store