1.5 Years of invert toils has ended!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I have been struggling to keep inverts alive for a year & a half. I knew the problem was my home water softening system but bypassing it left me with orange (rust) water that stains and couldn't be good for the shrimp & snails. I finally found a good carbon only single stage water filter & ran a dedicated line up to my personal bathroom just for these guys. And it seems to be working great! I got these adults RCS from Bethany1979 (thanks!) about 1 month ago.

And all 7 females were berried within a week! Which wasn't uncommon before this but the females usually died shortly afterwards. BUT 3-4 weeks later I had more than 100 babies swimming around!!

Poor picture but it shows just one side of the tank with some babies.

Here (and in the first picture too) you can see some of the babies on the substrate) You can also see that some of my females are berried and saddled again already!

And here is my apple snail too!

They are growing FAST & I can't tell you all how thrilled I am!! This may be my first true success story since starting to keep fish, very sad. Check out my photobucket page for better quality shots. Thanks to everyone who helped me out a long the way!!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Wow that's terrific! I recently found my first batch of baby red cherries after thinking it would never happen so I know it's exciting!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
That is great :) i just started having woes after 10 months so i hope your great success will rub off on me lol
Never give up and water changes is the best advice for any aquarist! :)
hurrrrraaaaahhh!! I knew your dilligence would pay off! Way to stick with it! they look beautiful!
Thank you! This is your doing in so many ways. You got me into inverts AND you helped me keep them alive so THANK YOU!
Wow that's terrific! I recently found my first batch of baby red cherries after thinking it would never happen so I know it's exciting!
I am ridiculously happy over it, I sit with my face up to the glass watching all the shrimp. My family just doesn't understand. :D Congrats to you as well!
Great work! That is really awesome. :)
Thank you!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS

TwoHobbies

AC Members
Jun 26, 2008
Congrats on the babies, and it's easy to see by that second picture why they are so happy. I seasoned (not just cycled) tank is perfect for shrimp. Continued good luck. :)

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thank you. Yeah, I stopped cleaning the sides and back glass when I knew I had a boat load of babies coming. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store