183 new home

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
i wanna move my pair of wc l183 into my discus tank, anybody know any reason why it might not work?

D. Hedington

AC Members
Sep 20, 2009
QLD
how big is the discus tank, and what size are the plecos at?
and it probly wouldnt be a good idear if you want to breed discus in the tank.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
While they are compatible with discus, wild caught L183's are blackwater fish, needing soft acidic water and are very sensitive to nitrate. If you don't provide them with the proper living environment they will not do well. You'd be lucky to keep tank raised L183's in conditions other than blackwater but not wild caught ones. I don't know how long you've had them, do you know if they've ever been de-wormed. Wild caught plecos frequently have some sort of internal parasites.

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
55 gal tank till i can afford and find a 75 or 125. 183s are about 3 inches. cant be positive they are actually wc to be honest Pink. I have had them a few months in a 29 community tank with no problems so far. I do mini wc every other day and a big one every saturday to keep water params clean

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
If you've kept them for a couple of months and they are doing well in your environment, that's awesome! Perhaps they are tank raised which makes things much easier on you. Go ahead and move them into the discus tank. They'll be fine! Would love to see pics of them. I always liked those plecos but my water is much too hard to keep them properly. Awesome plecos!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store