Debelius' Reef Lobster reef safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

matt12

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
does anyone have any experiance with Debelius' Reef Lobster (Enoplometopus sp.. ive read that there totally fine with corals but im a little sketchy.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
I've never heard of any corals dead at their claws... don't keep them with small fish or inverts , though.

matt12

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
i want to keep it with skunk shrimp, clownfish, and longnose hawkfish. o ya and blue leg hermits

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
They won't touch corals, but there is the potential to go after other invertebrates and small fish. I'll be honest in that I've never seen one actually do it, though. Making sure it is fed will help a lot.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I didn't actually see him do it, course, I never actually SAW him at all, once I let him out of the bag, but I did lose several small gobies - that slept in the sand - before I decided to take my tank apart, catch the lobster & take him in to my LFS for credit. :rolleyes:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
It's possible the lobster was to blame, but nothing conclusive. Of course, not seeing it to be able to feed it is one potential problem, there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store