New Brachygobius nunus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nzmolina

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
North Las Vegas
Hello, everybody. I wanted to share my pictures of my new bumblebee gobies. I found some Brachygobius nunus at the lfs I shop. I had previously bought some Brachygobius xanthozona for about $5 each. And I bought the nunus for abouth $2 each, and I got a discount so I bought 4. Well, here are the pictures

brackish tank 001.jpg brackish tank 005.jpg brackish tank 007.jpg brackish tank 009.jpg brackish tank 010.jpg brackish tank 011.jpg brackish tank 012.jpg

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
Neat little guys! Nice brackish tank.

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
Nice. They are great fish.
Their name is Brachygobius doriae though. I got that from an actual taxonomist, so I'm pretty sure it's right.

nzmolina

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
North Las Vegas
Thank you for the info, well i looked the name online and its correct. the names I got where from a website which I will post here http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breeding/McKane_Bumblebee_Gobies.html. They explain how there's two different types of bumble bee's check it out and if you know anymore info on the true name or which is which, so I wont be so confused. Anyway, I really do enjoy these little guys.

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
I've read that article before. It (and every other site that calls the common bumblebee goby B. nunus) is wrong. Franksaquarium had a species that is thought to be the real nunus and it looks very different.
There's really only one common species. The others are all pretty rare if not unobtainable.

nzmolina

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
North Las Vegas
Oh ok, I thought they were different because the website stated that certain ones have solid black stripes and others have stripes that are not completely solid. The first ones I bought have solid stripes, the other four that I bought seem to have broken stripes. That's why I was confused but I did look up the name you gave me. And it seems that what you said was right.

apolloobserved

AC Members
Mar 27, 2010
SF Bay area (East Bay)
Do you have ur bumbles in a freshwater aquarium?

Bumbles like a brackish aquarium. I saw in ur profile u have them with some tetras. fyi they like live food i.e. brine shrimp and also will go after frozen brine shrimp. they are slow eaters (so faster fish will get their food before them) I have a species aquarium based around their needs. btw u got a couple of really nice ones. peace kris =)

nzmolina

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
North Las Vegas
Bumbles like a brackish aquarium. I saw in ur profile u have them with some tetras. fyi they like live food i.e. brine shrimp and also will go after frozen brine shrimp. they are slow eaters (so faster fish will get their food before them) I have a species aquarium based around their needs. btw u got a couple of really nice ones. peace kris =)
Actually I have them with some mollies, I had my mollies with tetras before, I gave my tetras away to my brother in-law, I put my mollies in my brackish tank, so yes my bumblebees are in a brackish tank I've had two for at least six months now, and the other ones for at least one month, but there doing great I give them brine shrimp and daphnia.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store