fish issues again...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i have a question? i have 2 common clownfish,1 stawberry dottyback,and a engeiner goby in my tank..so i bought 3 tiny yellow clown gobies and added them..(the guy at the lfs) said they would be alright to add..for a couple of days they have been getting nipped at by the sbdotty back..and once in a while by the clowns..iv'e also noticed the little clown gobies chacing and nipping at each other..so i woke up this morning and all 3 of them look like they have been beaten pretty bad..one is real bad..my question is ..who did this to them ?the dottyback? or maybe to each other? far as i know there is no hitchhikers in the tank..i have had this happen before in my 55g.tank and a few months later i found a huge hitchhiker crab..i just seem to have no luck with these little fish ..and i hope they make it..any answers greaty appreciated...thank you

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
ok i have checked with my lfs and my little yellow clown gobies were not beaten up.those are not bight marks on them..it some sort of fugas that came in on them during shipping..cause all of the other ones at the strore have the same thing..so he told me to try fresh water dips for a couple of days..he said that if any of them die that he would make it right with me cause thats where i bought them...

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
Pheew, few things goin on here.
I'm not doubting your LFS, and follow through w/ med for fungus(I use marcyn in a QT tank)
But one, those dotty's can be really mean, and two, those clown gobies often fight really bad w/ each other(even though they usually seem fine in a big group at LFS)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store