MOTHER OF GOD!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I just added 2 powerbright 460nm 's to my biocube.... you have no idea how incredible the tank looks at night.... ace your sunny d's are my new favorite coral.. my mind has been blown

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
You should change one out to a 420 "True Actinic", you will get even more glow. It is really hard to get a good pic under actinics that show what you see in person.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
yea i tried taking some doesnt work out to well. THEY ARE GLOWING LIKE CRAZY THOUGH!

is it okay to always have them on?

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
It depends, I have my moons on all the time, but they are small, don't cast alot of light.
I believe there is a benefit from total, or close to total darkness.
I would put those on a timer.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Well, not all the time, but 8-10 hours a day is fine.

My schedule on my tanks look like this:
1pm - 2 actinics
1:30pm - 2 more actinics
2pm - MH / or Daylight T5s on my 29G
10pm - MH / Daylight T5's Off
10:30pm - 2 Actinics off
11pm - Last 2 actinics off / moonlights on

So actinics for 10hrs a day / MH-Daylight for 8 hours a day.

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
That's an ideal schedule ace posted.
Only add I would do is have the moons kick off around 3-4am or so if already on timer.
Unless of course they are weak like mine, but I know those PB's are pretty bright.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Im just gonna do

Actinics on at 12
MH"'s on at 2
MHs's of at 10
Actinics off at 2
Moonlights on at 2am and off at 12pm

sound good? i like to see them in actnic as much as possible, and this way when i host a party i can actually show my friends what corals look like, itll blow their mind out of thier head because they havent even seen them with day lights on before... wish could take pictures of this but i dont have a nice enough camera lol

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I compaired both. honestly i dont go to far into depth with either, to me they both get the job done with equal beauty. I wish i had gotten all royal blues though for that pico tank, the whites wash out the blue to much, kind of makes the corals bland

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store