Clownfish Stripes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zeeter

AC Members
Jan 24, 2010
I have two percs. Each of them has only two stripes; they are missing the tail stripe. Last night I noticed a rather large dot on the tail of one of them. After a moment of worry, I realized it is the same shade of white as the two stripes. It is also surrounded by the same shade of black as the stripes.

Question: Is my perc growing a 3rd stripe?

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
I have seen in rare situations the addition of stripes(usually just partial) and also almost complete loss of stripes, but that is very rare.
Juvy's can change somewhat, and I have seen picassos have white areas or dots turn completely black.
Pics if you can.

zeeter

AC Members
Jan 24, 2010
Haven't been able to get a picture as he won't pose for me. Yet the spot has extended to the top of the fish now. My other perc has a started to darken around that same area.

zeeter

AC Members
Jan 24, 2010
I wouldn't call it a pattern change. The spot just got larger. Not extraordinarily larger. Just a bit. I only noticed the difference because the white now extends to the top where before there was black on top of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store