From bad news, to good news

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
At the time of the lost of my beloved Ralph, I had a call for some men who might help me fix my heating unit without it costing over $6,500. All is missing now is the new motor for the blower for both the heat and AC.

I spoken to James the guy who will rebuild my tanks, im asking him now to learn what the total cost will be for both the 240, which is being rebuild down from the tank itself. I reminded him we had a settled agreement to what my lighting will be, only, im still not sure that just three 250 watt MH with T5 will do, but most agreed with it when i ran the question by in the forums.

Also, the pluming and two main return pumps and I also mentioned to James not to use elbows, but rather elbows at a 45 degree angle so not to loose much on the turnover rate.

I also spoken to him on certain monitors that also i would need to learn best how to calibrate them, savings for this can start next month at $1,000 a month, until September. Being that I have it in my mind that the cost will be better then $5,000, im not sure if I can still begin this tank before the end of 2010, for as well, the 40 gal breeder will be totally rebuild, I will only use the sump the was on the 180 for it, for the 40 breeder now at the house, has be drilled at the back of the tank, this I not like.

Looking at on how things came about, I don't think that I would had even started the SPS tanks in two years time if i still had to get together $6,540.00 for the new heating unit, in other words, I believe it would taking me somewhere around 2.5 years before i could start the SPS tank, now it looks I think to the cost im assuming it will take, that it will be one year from now, it still however better then what it would had been.

I have it in mind that the new 40 gal breeder QT will be somewhere like a $1,000+

I can figure this better once James giving me a complete quote on the total cost for both tanks.

And I might do something better on the home generator, that I was thinking in getting the one the cost around $2,000, I might go a bit better in the unit watts, or whatever else they list them in the size of the units.

Buddy

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
I just sent James a email for an answer on the possible total cost im looking at here to when I might start these tanks, this is the email I sent.

Hi James, I`m assuming for the worst that the total cost with both tanks will be greater then $6,000 and if I'm correct in this, I will not be starting these tank before this year ends. I need an acknowledgment on what it will be so that I could better figure on when it might be suitable due to cost in starting both tanks, and I must be also ready to buy lots of snails and few fish and corals. But I need a look into the future cost of what it will take to get there.
The monitors and such can be added on later when its best suited to do so.

Buddy

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Glad to hear that it may be moving along a bit quicker. It gets hard to wait when it comes to big aquarium projects, but I can understand how all these things happen at once--and hence much of the halted progress..

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Amphiprion, I delt with no heat all winter, ever sense three weeks before X-Mas and im still for the time being, without heat, but now it makes no never mind for the temperature now at lease is warming up, and I done rather well except handling the mouse on my computer, kept me with cold hands and feet as well, due to the cold floor. The Temp is now around 60+, I knocked of the bed cover due to how warm its been.

But most important, it was knowing the right people, for at the Wellness Institute, Pat in the management department felt terrible to my situation and her son works for a AC & heating company, he and a friend has been repairing my heating unit and they only wanted me to pay them for cost, but I will be giving them another $400 this coming week for im no wish to abuse their help in this and after the $600 new burner they replaced, they only need to put in a new motor pump for the heat and AC, so for now its only ran me $1,100 and later they will wrap the duck work under the crawl space of the house with installation, and then I should be well set for my remaining life time. I told them that I will always need them at some point in time for this unit, that im no wish to abuse there kindness and simply doing it for free because they feel bad about my situation at the time.

Buddy

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
James, my new aquarium guy says now that he will quote me a total cost in the rebuilding of my 240 gal SPS reef tank, and the almost all new 40 gal breeder QT. I let him know that the cost for the heating unit isn't no longer in progress but is not repaired and all that is left to do on it is installating the duck work under the crawl space of the house. Im hoping that hw will mean it this time for I told him that if the total cost for both tank is to be were I figured it too be, then I may not start the tanks until near the end of the year.

For from September to after X-Mas, I will not be able during that time much in for live stock for the tank, and I wish to be free of the property tax and holiday shopping, but there is no going around it all. So the cost again for the possible new heating unit is no longer, but still the money I saved during Jan & Feb was mostly used for the emergency I had with my cat Ralph and the money this month gone to the $1,100 for the repairs on my heating unit.

I still figure it will cost more then $5,000 and as much as $6,000 for both tanks. If it is as so, then I may figure on that I will not be able to start these tanks before the end of this year, but still it is better then it was going to be that the tanks wouldn't be started up for more then two years, possible it would taking 2.5 years.

The fellows who repaired the heating unit only wanted that I paid them for the items needed to make the unit work again,. The burner was new and cost $600 and then we had to put in a new motor for the blower, and it was my idea to offer them the other $400 for their labor in these repairs. I was only very grateful to them that I had no wish to use their mothers friendship in this and be cheap about it. And the Installation will cost no more then $250 to $350 when we do it. I still have to feel great about how things turn out in this matter, I was looking at a total cost of $6.500 or worst, I just not started then to speak to out AC & heating companies at the time.

SO lets hope just the same that no matter how this turns out, if the cost is up there where I figure then that I wouldn't begin the tanks until the end of this year, if not early next year.

Buddy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store