Dwarf frog found after 5days after being out of the tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BondDouble08

Biology Major
Mar 8, 2010
OSU campus
So on Monday last week I decided to get a afican dwarf frog for my girlfriend to put in my 55gal, I told her with my two small bichirs he might become a tasty snack, but she was getting a small tank of her own to keep him in.

but ofcourse she had to have him now, so we got him. 2 days later I could not find the little sucker anywhere so I just figured one of bichirs got him faster then I thought.

Well come later tonight one of my cats was playing with her toy when I heard her start meowing strangely. I walked over and there was the dwarf frog, lied stretched out with my cat pawing it.

I pick him up and try to figure out how he got out of the tank because its fully covered when he JUMPS OUT OF MY HAND. I was like holy sh%$, and took him and put him in the newly bought small tank for my girlfriend and he is happily swimming around.

Is it normal for a dwarf from to survive out of the water that long? I know the little guys can be escape artists but I just thought 5days was pretty long to survive out of water!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
wow! 2 days out of water and nearly at the perils of a feline! amazing.

i don't know just how long they can be out of water but it would be a neat thing to know.

kevinb120

AC Members
Jan 22, 2010
Centreville Va
Heh, we need to change 'bottom dwellers' to the 'flying fish' section...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store