symptoms,please help me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
goldfish, annoying the hell outa me at the moment, love them to bits but cant figure what is going on in my tank.

symptoms-
occassional flashing, maybe once every few days that ive noticed, nothing on-going by any individual fish, just the occassional flash against the gravel.

fin flicking, again only very occassionally, usually either ther front fins, usually just 1 side at a time, and sometimes the dorsal fin. goes on for a minute or so then stops and they carry on about their business.

hanging around, not doing much, its almost like they are bored, so they just sit and watch whoever is in the room, not sure if its normal or not. they arent bottom sitting, just hanging in the water flicking their tail or whatever to right themselves if they get caught in the current of a filter outlet.

gasping at surface, its 3-4 mainly. usually its my ornage and white oranda girl, she does it the most. some others do this too though.

they are all eating very well, no visible signs of anything wrong on their bodies. the blue oranda girl i noticed yesterday has some small pin prick size holes on her fins and tails, i dont know if they have been there a while or not as ive never noticed them before. i cant see any on any other fish though. their fins are all up and out, no clamping. breathing is normal, not fast or slow.

seriously, they are driving me crazy, i just cant seem to pin point what on earth is going wrong in this tank. i try to do everything right, and still end up with problems.

if i cant solve this, i will rehome them all and let my OH have his bala sharks. im sick of people keeping them in bowls and having no problems for years, i try to do it all right for the fish, and have problem after problem. this is the reason i gave up on goldfish before because they seemed to constantly have health issues no matter what i did for them :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store