Blue's 80 Gallon Mbuna Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Success!

I spent this past weekend moving and replacing my 55 gallon with an 80 gallon bowfront. It was a huge job but worked out in the end.

Specs:
eheim 2217
eheim 2028
visa-therm heater
40 pounds of black colorquartz s-grade
20 pounds of tahiti moon sand
granite cobblestone
plastic plants

Lights: 2 bulb t-8 shop light
1 50/50 bulb
1 daylight bulb

Stock:
1f:1juv Pseudotropheus Acei
5juv Pseudotropheus Socolofi (albino
2m:2f:6juv Metriaclima msobo
1m:4f:1unknown Cynotilapia sp"White Top Hara"
1m:4f Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos
1m:3f Metriaclima Callainos
4 Syno petricola
1 Red Tail Shark
Malaysian Trumpet snails (many)

It sounds crowded when typed out but the tank looks pretty empty since so many of the fish are very young. Adjustments to stocking will be made as the fish get older.

Now Pictures!

bookcase1.jpg 80galblue.jpg 80gal1.jpg

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
where do you get%Proxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 your black sand? id buy some tahiti moon sand, but that stuff isnt cheap.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
oh, and is the%Proxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 2nd to last pic with the 50/50 bulb on?

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I got the colorquartz from a friend who lived near a distributor. Colorquartz is used for pool construction(somehow). It's inert ceramic covered crystals. It cost about $22 for a 50lb bag. It's a beautiful sand that's a pain in the butt to clean. The moon sand came from the lfs that had it the cheapest($20).

The second to last picture is a different camera setting that picked up the blue light. When you see it in person it's more between the second and third picture.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
whats the total wProxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 tage? and how much did it cost? cuz those are nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store