Cloudy eye in my goldfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

madhouse

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
Hello all!

I haven't been around for awhile but now I am back!

Anyways, I just recently combined the residents of my two tanks (the 10 gal dwellers in with the 20 gal) and have noticed that in the last week my goldfish has developed a cloudy film over one eye. The other seems fine. He was in the 20 gal with two Cori Cats, two Japanese trapdoor, one Golden Mystery and a Plecostomus. No plants. I had a little issue with algae, but that has cleared up with the change. I had completly cleaned the 20 gal (drained and strained everything) but had saved 50% of the original water to add to the fresh water to try to avoid stress. I added to the mix the 10 gal fish which are two more Trapdoors, a baby Cori Cat (which passed away shortly after), a neon tetra and another fish that I am not sure what it is (have forgotten what it was called).

I do not have any fluid left to test the water (going to pet store tomorrow) and have tried Melafix to clear this up but it is not working.

I have read regular water changes should help, but again, it is only eye that is affected. He is aproaching two years in age, could this be a factor?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store