Mudskipper is Flashing/Rolling

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Hello. I have had 3 Indian mudskippers with some mollies in a cycled 35 gallon. So far everything has been going smoothly but today, along with my shipment tragedy (RIP $100 worth of fish) one of the skippers is flashing. He is out onland when he does this and I have only seen him do it on this one piece of cork bark. Makes no sense. Do they do this a lot of does he have parasites/some other form of irritation. Is he just wierd? He is still acting like the same aggressive alpha fish he was when I got him just every now and then he flashes. Any ideas?

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
my mudskippers roll over like a dog really cute, when they feel like there back is dry and i guess that there to lazy to go to the water to get it wet or they might have a itch thats my best guess my mudskippers do it every so often and they haven't died yet.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
They do roll often to re-wet their eyes and bodies, but I would take a close look to make sure you can't see any parasites.

Kristina

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Well he is fine so I think he is alright. It was just odd because he did it compulsively for several minutes and then never did it again.

donald432

AC Members
Jan 28, 2010
california
mudskipper mannerisms are so fun... i could sit there and watch mudskippers do mudskipper things for hours. mine roll over a bunch.

i've been told (but have not confirmed) that mudskippers are resistant to ich, because they spend a lot of time out of the water.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Oh yeah they are just fine. They are definitely so fun to watch as they fight and play.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store